CryptoBG*2017 International Summer School: From White Hat to Crypto
9 – 16 July 2017 (Sunday-Sunday), “National Institute of Education”, Oriahovitza, Bulgaria
Registration is now open! >>> to download the registration form, click here.
This year’s edition of the Summer School is DIFFERENT – we will put stronger focus on the practical aspects of cryptography and cryptographic uses in commercial software. We believe that theory is better exercised through practice and this year’s Summer School is all about connecting the theoretical topics with their practical implementation. More practical labs and sophisticated challenges and scenarios for your favorite round of CTF (Capture the Flag).
A limited scholarship fund is available. Full funding will be provided to a limited number of students and researchers from Bulgaria. Selection will be based on applicant background (CV) and a motivation letter/e-mail. Deadline for application for scholarship: May 1, 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS OPENS SOON!
Selected papers (lectures and lab courses) will be published in CryptoBG International Summer School Proceedings as a dedicated volume of the Information and Security: An International Journal (ISSN 0861-5160, e-ISSN 1314-2119) (link: http://procon.bg/view-volumes ).
First announcement >>> download from here
Sponsorship package >>> download from here
Queries and interest >>> info (at) cryptoBG (dot) org
One intensive week of theory, practice and discussions: 4-hour lectures and tutorials by international experts extended with practical workshops, labs and seminars, simulations, round-table discussions and working groups on hot topics
Topics of the year
- Cryptographic uses in commercial software
- IoT – crypto and security for smart devices – Internet of Things, Industrial Internet standardization, smart robots, homes, clothes and gadgets
- Security for Industrial Systems – ICS/SCADA systems and Cyber Defense
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), Symmetric Key, Lattice-Based Cryptography
- Homomorphic Encryption
- Personal Secure Devices, Mobile Security
- Functional Encryption – Identity-Based Encryption (IBE) and Attribute-Based Encryption (ABE)
- Curve-Based Cryptography and Pairing-Based Cryptography
- Secure Communications
- SDR-based GSM, Mobile Security
- Secure Architectures, “Security by Design” Aspects
- Biometrics for Security, Multi-Factor Security (including “intuitive” methods)
- Security in the Cloud
- Web Crypto – JWT, OAuth, OAuth Connect, TLS/SSL
- Client-Side Web Cryptography and SJCL
- Lower-level cryptographic software primitives – OpenSSL, Libsodium, etc.
- Side-Channel Resistance
Especially for the Industry and Sponsors: Challenge the CryptoBG*2016 team – define a problem/challenge, bring it on day 1 and get a solution in a week!